Any part of your neck – muscles, bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, or nerves – can cause neck problems. Neck pain is very common. Neck pain may result from abnormalities in the soft tissues – the muscles, ligaments, and nerves – as well as in bones and disks of the spine.
- Poor posture
- Prolonged wear and tear/degeneration of the cervical discs
- Acceleration/deceleration injury (collision)
- Herniated discs
The management of neck pain requires assessment of any abnormalities present in the joints, muscles and neural structures, followed by appropriate treatment to correct these abnormalities.
- Therapeutic soft tissue techniques
- Dry needling
- Therapeutic exercises (range of motion exercises, strengthening and stretching the muscles)
- Education about body mechanics and posture to minimize strain on the neck and prevent future occurrences